Monday, July 19, 2010

USA Wind Gen - Small Micro Wind Turbine

USA Wind Gen - Small Micro Wind Turbine

I just purchased and received a small micro turbine from USA Wind Gen. Mr Don is a real nice guy, he has answered so many questions for me, and made this an "eye-opening" experience. I really like the fact that the turbine is made in the USA, that makes it a lot easier to buy. The turbine itself is deceiving..it is super small, but it puts out 225 watts of wind generated power! In fact, it's so small and compact, it came via USPS priority mail!



I was so surprised! I thought maybe the postman forgot a second package or two? It was all there, the arbor, hub, the wings, the generator, the bar extension and the tail all in that box! Wow!! It was like Christmas for me!! I couldn't wait to tear into the box and see what it looked like! So I laid out the pieces on the table, and examined each piece thoroughly, more in amazement than to find out what they were. I've been investigating and researching this for months now, so I had a small idea of what I was looking at.



I read the instructions 3 or 4 times, and then read them again at each step! These instructions are "STU-PROOF"!! Mr. Don had everything labeled! The Blades were labeled telling me which side to put against the hub! The extension bar was labeled to tell me which end the tail went on! The generator itself was labeled "tested good", I liked that part! It was great!



There she is, ain't she a beaut! I told you it was "STU-PROOF"!! Now I wished I had some batteries or a 12 volt appliance to test it out with. I still have to wire up the generator to the battery bank, and then we'll be good to go. I can't wait to see it spin! As of right now, I have it in the garage, waiting for a battery bank to be installed. So I will probably have to wait until next month to get the batteries...


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.