Thursday, June 17, 2010

Artic Mummy Sleeping Bags


I got 4 of these off of ebay! They are mummy style sleeping bags and are good to 10 degrees above zero. My plan is, to at least keep the "survival pod" above 10 degrees! The first or second night that we had the bags, my 5 year old boy and I tested out the sleeping bags in our living room floor. During the middle of the night, I woke up sweating! It got hot in there, now I know that we were in a warm house, but I'm hoping that this "test" proved that if and when we need these bags, they will perform as advertised.

I purchased 4, one for each member of the family. I'm 6' 2", and my feet didn't hit the end of the bag, so I had some room still..so someone say 6' 4" would probably just make the "end" of the bag. Also, there's eXtra padding in the chest area, from what I've read this is where the eXtra padding is needed! I think for all 4 of them, including shipping, I paid something $160! I've been checking sporting goods stores, online and in person, and the price I paid was somewhat cheaper than the store price!

Something you should consider for the next long term power outage! The reason we left and went to a motel/hotel, during the ice storm, was the fact the temperature in the house got down to 36 degrees. I think we would've stayed longer if we could've kept warm, just something to think about.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.