Friday, March 04, 2005

Another Day....Another Fiasco

Well....We thought we were getting a roof....we thought wrong!!! It seems that the contractor (which shall remain nameless...at this time) needed half up fron! Now, I'm not a guru business man....but I never remember the customer paying up front for products or services. However at today's fast food joints...that's always the case...right. The contractor told me that ..they have done this-this way for 4 or 5 years now, because of some customers that were hard to collect from, and now this is the way it is. It was to put it across the board instead of an individual by individual case, and my question what about me as a consumer....I give you X amount of dollars and then you take-off. I shouldn've asked that question, but I didn't. I just told him, I would pay him in full when the job is complete....and if he couldn't do that, I'd do something else. He packed up and left...also the shingles man (from Sacramento) got his forklift back off the truck..picked up the pallet of shingles and put them back on the truck and left. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never heard of contractors getting money up front, but of course the Son of the operation...all contractors do that.

Well I'm out to prove him wrong, I believe there's still some folks out there, that do business the RIGHT WAY.
What if I did that? Sir...that will be $100 for me to fix your computer...but I'll need that up front.....I know this
I wouldn't be working on computers anymore!

This world is coming to an end.....and I can't wait!
Til Next Time................
ONE DAY CLOSER THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.....
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.